Discover Scuba Diving
And You'll Be Hooked
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course is a great introduction to the sport of scuba diving.
Scuba diving can be safe, fun and relatively inexpensive.
But before you commit yourself, a friend or other family member to a full set of scuba dive lessons, consider taking this introductory scuba diving course.
This beginner program:
• is the world’s most popular introduction to scuba diving
• is generally for ages 12 and up
• is available in a pool, ocean, river, lake, quarry or
almost anywhere there’s water
• may sometimes be credited toward the Open Water course
• the average dive depth is 6 metres/20 feet
• usually takes just an hour or two
• no equipment necessary – everything’s provided
• cost – around $50
Introductory programs are affordable and fun, and offer a great chance to see if you like the feeling of freedom and exhilaration that scuba diving offers.
They don’t, however, provide you with any type of certification card or scuba diving license that will allow you to go scuba diving at other locations.
Find a local British Columbia scuba lesson and scuba diving license provider for your
Discover Scuba course.
If you don't want to be part of a big dive group but would still like to experience the thrill of scuba diving, consider a private scuba lesson.
This is also a great way to experience diving in British Columbia. Book a day with our certified divemaster and see some of our amazing underwater sights.
Return to Scuba License main page.
Return to Best Scuba Diving Vacations in British Columbia.