Scuba Awards For Best Cool Water Diving in the World
Scuba Awards - Each Year Scuba Diving Magazine collects thousands of votes from divers around the world and announces their scuba diving awards for the World's Best Dive Destinations.
Diving in British Columbia is a great way to discover that the incredible, clean, cool, clear, emerald green waters of the Pacific Ocean contain an incredible variety of marine animal life.
While the tough economy and high value of the Canadian dollar as compared to the US dollar may have prevented a few people coming to dive and vote for British Columbia, Canada as a top dive destination, we still did pretty well last year.
The Scuba Diving Magazine Top 100 Readers Choice Awards are out in the January 2013 copy and British Columbia diving still ranked at or near the top in many categories:
#1 - Best macro diving in North America
#2 - Best value of diving dollar in North America
#2 - Best overall diving in North America
#2 - Best marine environment in North America
#3 - Best underwater photography
#3 - Best overall destination (tied with Florida)
#4 - Best big animals
#4 - Best advanced diving.
Be Bold Dive Cold - You Will Be Amazed.
Plan your scuba diving vacation with us today.
For 2012, Scuba Diving Magazine awards selected British Columbia as the Number 1 Dive Destination in North America.
In their words.....
"Yes, it’s cold, the vis can be limited and tidal currents can rip. But with 17,000 miles of Pacific coastline, British Columbia delivers an impressive dive resume that has consistently placed it at or near the top of this category for the better part of two decades.
Check out our Top 5 lists to see why: B.C. is found on nearly every one, and is No. 1 on the Best Marine Life, Healthiest Marine Environment, Best Macro and Best Wall categories.
From exciting wreck dives and animal encounters with sea lions, harbor seals and wolf eels to gorgeous kelp forests and a plethora of photogenic encrusting invertebrates, B.C.’s rich offerings have deservedly earned Canada’s westernmost province its designation as North America’s Best Destination for Diving."
And the 2010 Top 100 Readers' Choice Survey results are out in their January/February 2010 edition and British Columbia is once again recognized as one of the World's Best Dive Destinations!!
Buy your copy and you'll see that British Columbia was once again honored with the following dive awards:
- Top 100 Overall Rating of the Destination - 1st in North America
- Top 100 Wreck Diving in North America - 2nd in North America
- Top 100 Big Animals - 2nd in North America
- Top 100 Shore Diving - 3rd in North America
- Top 100 Macro Life - 1st in North America
- Top 100 Value for Your Diving Dollar - 1st in North America
- Top 100 Diving for Advanced Divers - 2nd in North America
In addition to their annual dive destination awards, Scuba Diving magazine provides information about diving, travel opportunities, the marine environment, equipment and more.
Once you have been here and had the pleasure of diving in our waters, you’ll see why, over the years, readers and divers have ranked British Columbia as:
• Best Scuba Diving Destination in North America
• Best Dive Destination Value in North America
• Best Advanced Scuba Diving
• Best Wall Diving
• Best Fish Life
• Healthiest Marine Environment
• Best Temperate Scuba Diving
• Best Macro Life
• Among the Best Places to Dive with Big Animals
• Among the Best Wreck Diving Locations
• Best Underwater Photography
• Among the Best Visibility
• Best Places You Would Return to
• Simply – one of the best places to visit and dive
Who would have guessed?
Please, after your dive, remember to give us your vote for next year’s awards at Scuba Diver Magazine.
Tell us about other Vancouver Island dive sites that should make our list of Vancouver Island's Best dive sites.
2009 Reader's Choice Awards for British Columbia
More dive destination scuba-awards were recently announced by Scuba Magazine after the results from their 2009 Reader's Choice Scuba-Awards were determined.
While the official 2009/10 Top 100 scuba awards are listed above, additional scuba destination awards were also awarded for diving BC as follows:
- Best Overall Rating for diving in North America with our "award winning wall dives, artificial reefs, and spectacular sea life"
- Best Overall Rating for Underwater Photography
- Best Overall Rating for Wall Dives in North America with "towering 100ft walls dressed in anemones and corals, British Columbia features some of the best Wall Diving in the world, not to mention North America"
- 2nd Best Overall Rating for Health of Marine Environment in North America
Contact us To Help With Your Diving in British Columbia Trip
To return to Best Diving in British Columbia, click here